Many issues can be resolved by simply restarting SteamVR. To do so:
- In SteamVR, right-click the headset icon and select Reboot Vive Headset.
- Wait for the reboot to complete
If this does not resolve your issue, try the following:
- Quit SteamVR and go to the Steam Client.
- Find SteamVR under Library > Tools.
- Right click on SteamVR and select Properties. Click on the Local Files tab.
- Click Verify Integrity of Tool Cache.
If that doesn't work, try deleting the local files. Follow steps 1-3 from above and select "Delete Local Tool Content." Double click SteamVR in the tools library to reinstall.