Common troubleshooting actions.
*Note: Follow all of these steps in order*
Reboot the Headset (Will resolve most issues)
- In SteamVR, right-click the headset icon and select Reboot Vive Headset.
- Wait for the reboot to complete
Power Cycle The Link Box
- Shut down SteamVR.
- Unplug the power and USB cord from the PC side of the Link Box (DO NOT unplug the orange side)
- Wait 15 seconds
- Plug the power and USB cord back into the Link Box. If your PC prompts you with a notification that a driver is installing, wait to open SteamVR until the driver is installed
- Relaunch SteamVR.
Restart your Computer
- Shut down the Time Clock (if running)
- Shut down the Game Chooser (if running)
- Shut down SteamVR and close out of Steam
- Restart your computer
- With Time Clock and game chooser closed; Shut down SteamVR
- Relaunch SteamVR from either steam or your task bar.
Use a different USB port
*Note: Sometimes changing where the USB cable is plugged into can help fix the issue, for example: plugging into USB 3.0 and 3.1 ports can cause errors. So instead, try plugging into a USB 2.0 port.*